Translator

Thursday 22 November 2012

Update!

Ok update time!

I missed yesterday so here I am furiously typing this morning before Jasper hauls me out to the truck to keep on driving...:) jokes. He's lounging out beside me on the couch reading through flyers for Black Friday. James is beside him "reading" as well (as pieces of the flyers are swerving around me). Oh well, now to talk about what's happened. We went to visit John and Marlies on Teusday and we had a great time. We were glad to be able to spend time with them before we left as well. When we left, I was not feeling so great so we went to the urgent care centre and I found out I had a urinary tract infection and a yeast infection! Joy! Just what I need...:) Not complaining..it could be worse...so off we went and drove for a while, then stopped in Madison and did a quick shopping spree...fun fun. Maternity clothes are way cheaper here. They were an extra 40% off. So I got some stuff and then we kept driving. Headed to our hotel around 8:30 and Jasper took James in the pool and I snapped some pictures. James loved the warm hot tub, but not the kiddie pool. Jasper put him on the little rocking horse that's in the splash pad and he's like looking around like what's this? Get me in the water dad...:) It was cute. Anyways, after, I put James to bed and had a headache and just wanted to sleep and so I headed to my bed. On the way there my foot stepped into something extremely painful. I pulled my foot away quickly, but it was too late. Blood was oozing out of my toe. WHAT? So I looked where I had stepped (kinda under the bed - hard to explain) and pulled out a wooden plank with 4 rusted nails poking out! I was shocked! I looked again and saw another wooden plank with 3 rusted nails! Absurd! So I instantly called down and complained and they came and cleaned it up and told us we would get a discount. Well, we better! Ridiculous! Then I was all worried about my tetanus shot of course....when did I last have it??? AAHH! So I look up tetanus on Jasper's phone and read that 25 to 50% of ppl die when they get tetanus...oh man, bad to read right before I go to bed. But I'm ok and called the doctor this morning and found out I had it in 2008, so phew, I'm covered. Anyways I hope that's all the drama for this trip. We will see and I'll keep you updated! Take care all! :)

2 comments:

  1. He Jeanettje! Sorry to hear all this happening to you! We love reading your blog, so keep it up.Thanks. I can just see James in the pool with Jasper.............Take care.
    All is well here. Love, mam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! That is absurd! Rusty nails in a old plank! Reeedonkulous.... I love reading your blog also :). Glad your trip is going well so far (despite the infections and rusty nails :S). Will you stop in at Wall Drug? That's where me and Ange bought our cowboys hats. There were signs advertising it for miles and miles so we HAD to stop! Haha.

    ReplyDelete