Translator

Thursday 30 May 2013

TAG closing!


Have you all heard the news? TAG is going out of business! All their stores are closing...meaning good old Gagou Tagou is also leaving us. 

Very very sad. I love their clothes and I find the style so refreshing for kids. They have fun, colourful clothes for decent prices...*sigh. Right when I find a good, reliable store (or so I thought) with really cute clothes (even for adults) and neat house accessories, they have to go bankrupt. Irene and I just happened to pop into TAG in Calgary before I dropped her off at the airport this past Monday, and my jaw dropped as we turned the corner and TAG store came into view for, there, on the outside wall was a HUGE banner stating they were closing and everything in the store was 30-70% off!
(WHAT?!?!?! Last December I had gone to this exact store and they had told me they had just opened in October 2012. This did not make sense. There must be some mistake. But once we had talked to the manager, it became crystal clear that yes they were closing for good!)
My heart started pumping blood overtime and I wanted to race as fast as I could into TAG and buy, buy, buy! Yes, it's my uncontrollable, selfish, immature side coming out, I know, I know. I literally wanted to buy everything...when it gets to this point, you know you are out of control and I somewhat regretfully was aware of this and restrained myself and calmly walked into the store, looked casually around and began sifting through some racks close to the kids section. Even though this rack held no interest to me, I had to calm down...then I strolled nonchalantly to the kids section and noticed some personnel taking DOWN kids clothes from off the wall and putting them into a big bin! What? Hallo! What if I wanted to buy all that??? Where were they taking all these cute clothes? "Ok, GO! GO! GO!" my mind was screaming. Wow, I never realized how strong my covetousness was until that moment. Tsk. Tsk. So once again "Calm down, it's JUST clothes," resounded through my mind. "Yes, yes." I agreed. Yet...once out of the view of other customers, I began to pile my cart full. And I mean full. Kids clothes were everywhere. Then I took off to the house accessory section and bought a few cute things that I've been eyeing every time I've gone to TAG, so this time I just gave in and bought two big vases and two green shrubs. (pics below). After nabbing these, Irene and I went to the women's section and found a few nice articles of clothing. I also bought a new spring/fall coat which I desperately needed. I think the last time I bought one was like 5 years ago. At the cashier, I kept piling clothes on the counter and asking for a sub-total. And then adding more and taking some off. :) I ended up not buying about 1/3 of the kids clothes. I decided in the end I didn't need it all and to satisfy my covetous desires is never good so I tried to stay practical and buy the things I really needed. Except of course the vases and shrubs...here are some pictures. And if you also like TAG and Gagou Tagou I recommend you hit the closest TAG store before it's all gone!!!!











Still looking for stuff to put in them, but I'm thinking the next time I'm in Lethbridge to hit the Dollar Store. I'm sure I'll find something cute to put in them! 

Also just wanted to say thanks to Irene for a wonderful gift she gave me (for letting her stay at my house she said)! Totally unnecessary but very kind:



Also here are some more pics of James in the dandelion field (he loves it!)






It's the small things...(what a overstated expression, but true!)

Little Nicole has to make it on to the blog too! :)





Irene and I baked a few things while she was over and we let James lick the batter...:) First time for him...haha







One of my favourite pictures!




2 comments:

  1. I love your description of madly shopping in the store! I've totally had that experience to where you feel like going bananas. I would often buy way too much, and then return half of it later. Of course with you, I'm sure you couldn't return it. Way to show some self-discipline, lol! Anyways, cute pics of everything, including your two adorable kiddies. Keep up with the blogging!
    -Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love your description too! You hid your desperation quite well though ;). But I wouldn't say you were being too covetous - you were quite economical to get all those good bargains on clothes for the future! Thanks for posting the pics. Btw, I love the shrubs on your piano. See? You are a great decorator!

    ReplyDelete